Thursday, January 3, 2008

Secular Music Faves of 2007

Honestly, I liked all of these about equally, but for different moods and different reasons. You might be wondering why I did a separate list for these, instead of putting them in with the rest, and honestly I'm not even totally sure why I did but here they are anyway. I, obviously, don't listen to a lot of secular music, though many bands are crossing and blurring the lines between "secular" and "Christian" which I think in all is a good thing.

Call Me Irresponsible by Michael Buble

Songs of Mass Destruction by Annie Lennox - man, I wish I could sing like her

Raising Sand by Alison Krauss & Robert Plant - Led Zepelin lead singer with bluegrass music's queen, who'd have thought how good this would turn out to be.

Who We Are by Lifehouse

Not Too Late by Norah Jones

Long Road Out of Eden by The Eagles - a little disappointing, compared to their old stuff, but enjoyable just the same

Sky Blue Sky by Wilco - I'm just getting into them, based on some other artists I like recommending them.

I also really got into The Fray, Daughtry, and Mute Math this year, but their CDs were released in 2006 and therefore not eligible for this list.