Thursday, January 3, 2008

Classical & Soundtrack Faves of 2007

The Painted Veil Soundtrack with Lang Lang, piano; music composed by Alexandre Desplat - Beautiful. Haven't even seen the movie yet, but just for the soundtrack I will soon.

Amazing Grace Soundtrack by David Arnold

Beethoven Piano Concertos 1 &4 - Lang Lang, piano - Can you tell that I like this guy? He makes me so jealous.

Piano Moods: A Collection of Romantic Melodies with Various Pianists

And On Earth, Peace by Chanticleer - a little too 20th century for me...give me Mozart or give me death. Ha ha!

Another group I really enjoyed this year was Anonymous4, especially their Gloryland CD, but it was technically released in 2006 so doesn't apply to this list in the normal way. They sang some of the vocals on the soundtrack for The Nativity Story movie, plus they are very versatile in singing both baroque and folk song & spirituals like in Gloryland and American Angels.