I made this afghan for myself over the course of 8 years, because I would just get out of the mood of working on it and then pick it up again. It got really interesting when I decided to really try to finish it after I got a full-size bed, and the pattern was only for a coverlet. I didn't have enough yarn, and was so many years after getting the original supplies that there was no way to match the dye lot. So, I just went with other shades of pink and kinda created other patterns based on the original design. Probably a bit too pink for some people, but I like pink and it is really nice and warm on my bed.
Wednesday, January 16, 2008
Pink afghan
Posts two days in a row? What? How can this be??? I can laugh at myself, but I really have been wanting to put up pics of various craft projects I've made in the past. So, I uploaded all the pictures last night and saved them as draft posts, and then I can publish them every so often without a lot of work. :-)
I made this afghan for myself over the course of 8 years, because I would just get out of the mood of working on it and then pick it up again. It got really interesting when I decided to really try to finish it after I got a full-size bed, and the pattern was only for a coverlet. I didn't have enough yarn, and was so many years after getting the original supplies that there was no way to match the dye lot. So, I just went with other shades of pink and kinda created other patterns based on the original design. Probably a bit too pink for some people, but I like pink and it is really nice and warm on my bed.
I made this afghan for myself over the course of 8 years, because I would just get out of the mood of working on it and then pick it up again. It got really interesting when I decided to really try to finish it after I got a full-size bed, and the pattern was only for a coverlet. I didn't have enough yarn, and was so many years after getting the original supplies that there was no way to match the dye lot. So, I just went with other shades of pink and kinda created other patterns based on the original design. Probably a bit too pink for some people, but I like pink and it is really nice and warm on my bed.