It started off that I wanted to make a hat and scarf for Jeremy, and I had a pattern in mind to make Vince a hat sometime, so I decided to make hats for all the guys in the house. I actually managed to finish them all by our Christmas (we had it a few days early on Jeremy's birthday), except I had to take out Chuck's and redo it because it was a little too big. Jeremy's hat I had to redo probably 4 times to get it small enough (which I had to guess at and, thankfully, correctly). All of the patterns actually came from
Interweave Crochet, but different magazine issues, except for the scarf. So, without further ado here they are:

Jeremy's Scarf and Hat that matches his winter coat. Sort-of a winter camo look. The scarf actually has a thermal fabric look to it with some front & back post double crochets - I got it's pattern from
Lion Brand.

I intended Vince's to match with his coat as well - he has both this blue coat and a dressier brown coat.

And here is my father-in-law, Chuck, in his - I had a little bit of the black/gray Lion Brand Homespun, and since his favorite color is black (go figure!) I had the idea to stripe it with regular Red Heart black yarn (which I did 2 strands together to make it heavier).