Further digging on Ravelry revealed the red bird, so I got to work on the pig and then the red bird. I wanted to get at least those two done to give him together as a surprise, and then I'll add as I have time.
Sure enough, he loves them!!
Vince had the idea to suggest to Jeremy to use the paper towel and toilet paper rolls we've been saving for crafts to make the structures like the pigs are in or on in the game. Then it'll be almost just like the computer game, except now he's being active and creative all at the same time, too. He's having a ball!
I also found a pattern for the black bird, and I'm hoping to either find patterns or figure out myself for the yellow bird, the white bird, and the blue bird. I'll be making more pigs, too - a bigger pig, a King pig, a helmet pig, and probably more of the first pig. I don't think I can manage the monkeys in Angry Birds Rio, though, lol.
I love being able to use a talent God has given me to make something for someone I love. It is like double joy because of the enjoyment I get out of crocheting something in the first place, and then getting to see Jeremy have so much fun with what I made. I've got a Rat Fink Pillow Pet in mind for his birthday already!