Today I had my bible study with other singles at The Chapel here in Akron, and we are studying Captivating by John and Staci Eldredge. We're on Chapter 2, "What Eve alone can tell" and man, did it ever speak to me. One of the main things is the realization that I AM BEAUTIFUL!! I know that probably sounds silly to a lot of people, but I've just never even thought that about myself. I'm still having a hard time believing it 100%, but God is working on it! :-)
The other thing I realized is that my love for creating music that is beautiful comes from the desire to share in God's beauty. He made this Earth so amazingly beautiful, with birds that sing His praises and waters that rush with the sound of His thunder. I like all kinds of music, but I have always been especially good at playing on the piano the slow, pretty pieces of music. I like the fast, peppy ones, too, but I feel like I can really be expressive with the ones that have beautiful melodies and phrases. Same with singing, and I think I sing the slow ones better, too.
Well, I'd like to talk about beauty more, but I need to get my (ahem) beauty sleep! LOL