
A friend of mine who knits sent me a link to a Classic Elite Yarns newsletter that had a pattern to crochet headbands, which sent some wheels turning in my head. All of the store-bought headbands I have are stretched out and don't stay very well, so I thought instead of buying more that I would just make some! That pattern called for DK weight yarn (1 step lighter than worsted weight), but I didn't have any yarns in my stash of that weight and I have a lot of worsted weight yarn from some yard-sales and past projects.
So, I searched the wonderful interwebs and found this pattern for a Grannyesque Headband using worsted weight yarn by Cayenne Boyer (it can also be found on Ravelry here). I made these four, with the colors matching most of my around-home wardrobe. If I get a job substitute teaching or something else, I may get some DK weight yarn to make a few headbands that are fancier and matching my professional dress clothes.
I also thought of the idea of making some more of the Grannyesque Headbands to give to my church to sell at their annual Fall Bazaar, because they are quick and easy to make. How great it is to have yarny friends that pass along patterns and suggestions, and to have the internet to look for patterns and other great ideas!!