Monday, December 28, 2009

Current crochet projects

Though it may not seem like it sometimes, I do manage to finish craft projects occasionally. This one started off as a gift for my sister out of the blue yarn I had leftover from a hat I made last year, having found the pattern in the free section at Lion Brand. I had to get more yarn to finish it, and when found this Patons Shetland Chunky Tweeds I wound up deciding to give her the other hat and keep this one for me! The other one was too tight on my head anyway, and the two times I wore it I got a headache. I was hoping for more of a scarf than this with what was left of the skein, but it does wrap around my neck and I just need a shawl pin to keep it together.

The truth, though, is that I work on too many projects at once, and yet I see so many beautiful patterns in Interweave Crochet, Crochet! Magazine, and on Ravelry and various blogs and websites that I would like to make! In addition to the hat, I have been working on the Wedding Frame for Mindy, I made another Stocking Ornament for Vince's mom for Christmas, and I'm really enjoying making my first crocheted sock (see below). I am taking a quick diversion to make another pair of Hand-Mitts for myself so that my hands don't get so cold when I cross-stitch here in the winter. Actually, very soon I need to start making my garter (a pattern from the Summer 2009 issue of Interweave Crochet) so that it is done in time for the wedding. Whew, I told you I have too many projects, but I love making every one of them!