Saturday, July 25, 2009

Wedding Frame

I haven't worked on my Mary Wigham SAL much because I've been working on a super-secret high priority project - a wedding frame for my co-worker who is getting married today. Since I'm not done with it yet, which I'm famous for not getting things done on time, I'm printing out pictures of the progress to put in the card.

So, I'll now be posting progress of this project, along with work on Mary when I get to it. The frame is based on a listed idea in Needleprint's Rebecca Blake Sampler pattern pamphlet. I put in the top part of "Bridegroom's Heart Motif" that Needleprint has a free download chart for, exchanging the letters in the chart for the initials of this happy couple. Here's an up-close pick of that top motif:


What will be interesting is how to wrap it to make the frame when I'm done with the stitching, because I haven't a clue how to do that yet, lol. I'm loving these Quaker samplers, though, because they are much more relaxing than changing floss color all the time.