Friday, March 6, 2009

Baby Bib and Burp Cloth

This started off by my receiving the 2009 Crochet Pattern-A-Day Calendar from a co-worker for Christmas, and another co-worker whose daughter was expecting saw the pattern for these bibs when glancing through it. I was more than happy to try out the pattern and make them, and since we didn't know the gender of the baby yet I picked out this Lily Sugar 'n Cream variegated yarn that would work for any baby.

I had so much of the cream left over, since it was just the trim, that I then had the idea to make a burp cloth with it. I used the same stitch, half double-crochet, as the bibs and just guessed at the size. I was hoping I'd have enough of the variegated left to trim around the burp cloth, and I had just barely enough. They turned out perfect, if I might say so myself! I really enjoyed making these so much more than previous baby blankets and the bunting because they really didn't take much time at all. The hardest part was attaching the buttons! Speaking of buttons, here's a close up of the ultra-cute Bunny Buttons I found for them: