I have a funky feeling that it won't be much longer until I will want to replace good 'ole desktop PC with a Mac. This MacBook Pro is defenitely spoiling me. It...just...works. I have pooh-poohed and "oh, please"d Mac people for a long time now, especially with the seemingly abundant amount of bloggers that have Macs, and now I am eating crow, with my Aqua. My abundant apologies.
Anyways, I am MUCHO excited that I finally got PHP and MySQL with Apache working on this computer - I don't want to even think about loading it on the PC. It has been quite an education, not only using an unfamiliar OS and commands in UNIX instead of DOS, but also configuring programs from scratch, which I've never done before. But, after doing them over and over again several times, reinstalling MacOSX back to factory, and finally reverting to Apache 1.3 that came pre-installed (couldn't get Apache 2 to work) and reverting to MySQL 4.1 (because version 5 wouldn't work, either), I got the PHP test AND the MySQL test to work. :-)
I do hope to really get going on the website. I've been waiting so that I can do it with MySQL, and have the versatility that goes with that. I might be doing it through WordPress, as well, I have to figure that out. I don't want it to be just a blog, but sort-of half Web 2.0 blog-like and half Web 1.0 static pages. Who knows what it will be in the end. I definitely want to use MySQL to make a database of all my music - I've tried to do it in Access and I just can't seem to make it work for me. I guess some of that is because I'd rather have it somewhere on the web so I can look up and add to it from anywhere, and not have to wait til I'm home or something like that.
Oh, and I love even more than my Mac my new iPod. It has taken me forever to enter into the 21st century of mobile music, but I'm finally there and I love it. This thing is unbelievable. I actually got a 1Gb Philips mp3 player for Christmas, which I also like a lot because it is easier to use for going on walks and for trips that I don't want to risk breaking or losing my iPod. It is just hard to decide on what to put on there with so little space (hey, if you had as many CDs as I have, you would have a hard time, too!)
God is so good in His provision. I feel so awful and faithless because I seem to forget that a camillion times a day, but He truly is. I wish I could get my heart to be satisfied with just God, and not be looking so much at the desires that I can't seem to shake (husband, etc.). I'm tired of "maybe someday" and I can't make myself accept of "maybe never". God knows what's best, but it is a daily struggle to get that to my heart.
God is good, all the time.